It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cellcom Half Marathon, a BIG PR, and a bit of reflection...

It was a great day for running this past Sunday morning in Green Bay, WI....


WE HAVE A PR to POST!
Katie VandeSlunt:  Half-Marathon~  1:50
That is roughly 8:30 mile pace.
She basically rocked it like no other!!  That is what one dedicated lady can achieve and the crazy part is that she could've probably clocked in a bit sooner but Cellcom is pretty populated and a bit congested in the beginning.... I also believe she could've just continued running another 13.1 to get that first marathon in under her belt since she said she felt awesome at the end!!!  Maybe 26.2mi will be the next goal!

Reflection:
SO I have this theory:  You surround yourself with the best, to help you be your best.  It is a pretty good theory and I have really found some of the best people out there which in turn has just kept bringing on even more 'best' people.. and so the story goes. 
Well, I have to get this off my chest, I would define my commitment to a race, or an event, as a form of promise and this past Saturday I broke my commitment/promise and felt unbelievably awful about it.  It is like that one time I skipped a round in a WOD.... and then told JB and pretty much had to confess it to everyone and have since never skipped anything in any WOD.  This action of mine has led me to reflect and determine that I will never break a commitment to an event unless a birth/death occurs in my immediate family.  I did, however, have an awesome time in the BWCA.... but it isn't worth it to feel the way I felt Sunday when I wasn't running with one of my favorite people.  With that being said....  if anyone contemplates whether or not they are ready for an event or the other things they could be doing besides that event they signed up for... just think about how crappy you WILL feel when you don't show up and just get in your car and go.. literally....  drive home, jump in bed, and get your butt up in the morning and be there to support the people who support you.  PERIOD!

Lots of events being thrown around on the ANYthing Once group on facebook... if you are interested get on it.. check it out and decide if you can make the time.

Happy Friday to all!  Thought I would give you a little taste of what my week was like up near Ely, MN.  Pretty much livin the dream in a place that is just simply....  beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment