It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mid-July's Peace...

...and some quiet in the weight room this week.  There are still kids in, but 6:30am is a lot quieter with only girls in to lift.  Amazing how they all hit PRs this week, must have been holding back on their strength until all the boys were gone for a few days!

Boys are up in Iron River at FB camp.
B.U.I.L.D.I.N.G. Champions

Flying SolO in Monday's

Accumulate 50 strict TTB
Work to Heavy 1 Rep in Front Squat
(there were more lifts, but no snatching for this girl)
Conditioning:
3 rnds for time-
500m row
12 burpees
21 box jumps (20)

Val: done / 165# / 14:34
I pretended to compete with Witt as he worked on his circuit, in my mind I won....WOOHOO.

Today is Tuesday- 
Started out surprisingly strong with the VB girls that showed up for a Tuesday to miss out on the Thursday return of the boys.....  thinkers those girls are!
We worked cleans together.  Bench.
Then

3 reps EMOM for 10min
Squat cleans.

Worked at 95#, which should have been easy! But had to end with two rounds left to go.
Girls did great in their teams of two.  Mal worked front squats.

We did a yoga complex which was awesome for their hips... thought it would improve my lower back, but 20min after we were done I began to buckle up and am definitely dysfunctional until 3:40 this aft when I walk into my first Chiro appointment to get my SI joint back in place!

What my friend, Mike the PT, tells me: Alright Val, we need to talk about this.  You need to be mindful.  You get jacked about a PR in your power clean, but then you dominate yourself by not being aware of how you are feeling in your lifts.  Everyday isn't going to be the same.  You need to be alert, aware, and you need to realize that you do not want this to happen to you.
~ Thanks Mike.  25 years and he is still pulling the big brother card.... Right!  
My thought on that:  Find people that care about you and give it to you straight, grab hold tight and never let them go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment