It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Saturday, June 8, 2013

And..

.. I'm sure you have missed my great writings.. tonight's should be one for the book I am sure.

I thought I wanted a break-  from the AMrun, the rush to get to the room, rush to school, rush to the next building, figuring out what I forgot prior for myself or better yet, what I had forgotten for someone else.  Classes just kicking my brain's butt and then you start wondering about what you should really be doing... so I just took a break, you know, thinking that would help me figure some things out, which is stupid because you shouldn't take a break from the things you love doing- you should dive into them head first.
Alright, lesson learned: Dive in next time to what you know you will always have because that will help keep you in the mindset you need.

I have been around a lot (more) smart people lately- Yes, I have been trying to soak up as much as possible to make up for my lack of, or better yet- loss of intelligence from certain events in my life.
They make me think and question myself, the settings we allow ourselves to be in, and how we react to the situations that come about.
These people are inspiring.  Motivating. I connect them with those I am already around and the wheels just start spinning.
Truly, communication has such a power and not just in the transferring of information and experiences, but also in the way you can truly manipulate and transform situations based on the way you convey not only yourself, but your words.
Those I am around everyday do this.  They see the picture and before they start in on it, they gather their perspective.  Time.  Time is important.. it can be the difference between changing the tone of the situation to having you be taken seriously in a conversation.
I have watched individuals wait until it was the 'right' time to have a conversation with another.  I have seen them interact with athletes/people by being direct, but I have also seen them open up.  It is all determined on not only how they communicated to those people but in the demeanor they used.

'Say what you mean and mean what you say' is HUGE.
It is a waste of a conversation with another when what you are saying is empty.  Not just a waste of a conversation, but time- 10min you will never get back.
(10min can mean the matter of accomplishing 3 things on your list, going through the pile next to your desk, watering your plants, running over a mile!, performing 100 burpees)
I talked at the farmers market to a man I did not know, but walked away knowing the largest wood pecker species was a Pileated Woodpecker and it was in our yard!  - NOT empty at all, I will give those 5minutes up to be enlightened from a bird house entrepreneur.
I listened to another say the other day, "Why do they say that?  I hate that.  The 'it would be nice' comment.  If they would like us to help, ask us.  Otherwise, why say it at all?"
Completely agree.  If they meant for us to help, they would say it but instead their implication is an empty comment, easily taken out of context and led to annoy people.  A lot of things are nice, but really most of these things you need to ask for.
Save time, be concise and direct in a tone that conveys your disposition.  People appreciate those that can ask for exactly what they need without flowering it up... just give them a high five or hug in the end and all is well!

I didn't hit honesty in communication.  Simply because I hold that in my Karma category.
If you choose to use words that don't highlight the truth, it is only time before that comes back to you.  And when that happens- those dishonest words will not be alone; feelings, relationships, opportunities, and trust will be accompanying them.
Again: Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment