It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Get Better...

Tuesdays have become a hodge-podge of a WOD day...GOAT day for everyone!
Don't get me wrong...we do a WOD... and in the end you know you have worked out,
BUT in the beginning you may wonder to yourself, if this is really working.

It happened today...first 3 rounds of each exercise for me were easy enough that I was asking myself if this is even worth doing...
By the 5th round my lack of flexibility was costing me in the Bridging Push Ups (I could not hold position at the top)...My hand was slipping out and I had to concentrate on form coming down... It turned into hard work!
There was a lot to work on, to say the least... Fatigue tends to do that! I found different aspects to focus on (lower back must touch ground, head must get inverted, try to keep hands by ears, flat-back, etc) the entire time.  Technique can be just as important as work, sometimes even more-so. Just THIS focus on form/technique made me sweat more...NOT TO MENTION the sweat-piles that were making me slip all over the place!

Warm-Up
2-3 Rnds ~
150m Run
15 GHD Sit Ups
15 Back Extensions
10 Pull Ups*
10 Ring Dips*
* Make these as difficult (but do-able) as you can for yourself (i.e. ~ 3 strict-7 kipping)

20 Minutes of GOAT:
Odd min = ?? (focus/work #1)
Even min = ?? (focus/work #2)

Val ~ M.U. Transition x 5 / 10 Alt. Pistols
Oz ~ 5 Thrusters (@95#) strength / ME UB Strict Pull Ups (7,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,4,4)
Biba ~ 5 Thrusters (@155#) / ME UB Strict Pull Ups (???)
Gatlin ~ 5 Superman Push Ups / 5 Bridging Push Up Holds
tb ~ 5 Superman Push Ups / 5 Bridging Push Up Holds

Stan & Daliege came in and did yesterdays 10 RFT wod (@ 75#):
Stan ~ 10:00
Daliege ~ 10:30

No comments:

Post a Comment