It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday: Rest, Relaxation, Burpees, and a word or two...

Rest: You all have been working your tails off!  It is pretty awesome to see what everyone is doing, the improvements you make and how much you surprise yourself as the years go by... It doesn't seem like it has been that long since FGB but when you realize it has already been a year since we last did it, you need to reflect on how far you have come.
Think about it: where were you a year ago and how have you improved?!

Relaxation: Productive relaxation.. paddleboard, kayak, go for a walk, hike, bike for pleasure- not for time.  That is relaxation in my mind... possibly in most of yours.

Oh, but don't forget the BURPEES!  100 baby... E & I have introduced Diamond M Ranch to this ritual tonight.

A word or two:
Adaptation & Accommodation.
This isn't a shocker for today is it?...  We all have our way of doing things and I am pretty aware of the way we do things in Rapids.  I have noticed some quirks and have gained the understanding of a few things... think about it- what are the quirks you notice in those around you?!

We adapt and accommodate.  We understand and accept.  It is that simple.. and at times that difficult.  There are a lot of things in our lives that lead us to who we have surrounding ourselves.  We share commonalities with them, enjoy their company, and push us to be better in life.

Family is like this... only a little different.  (We get to choose our spouse, so they don't count.. you know what I mean)  I am re-learning what my life use to be like.  Not kidding- things haven't changed too much for my parents since I was in high school..... and I am realizing what it means to adapt and accommodate more!  Family isn't a choice, it is a necessity.  It makes the world go round... they were there when it all began and they will be there every time you have to start over... and they need you to just accept that this is how it will be for them.
Accepting is very difficult for me.  I know now that I would rather fight till the bitter end than to simply, accept.  Unfortunately, this case would have me fighting with the wrong people.... so what I have learned is:  Age brings with it times of the day when elders will plan to eat, repeating things out loud a few times is more for clarification to everyone what was just said and for better understanding for self, 2mi to them is 8mi to us, driving does not get better with seniority, they will never understand that white potatoes aren't a staple for dinner at all tables and ice cream makes can make some people sick, if they are sitting and watching it isn't that they are bored and want something to do- they are content and are perfectly fine with it.  I'm sure there will be more and I am thankful for Ethan to enjoy this experience with me... just taking this time for some mental notes for myself... and it is midnight here: 3am by you so don't take me too seriously.

Check this out:








3 comments:

  1. GREAT POST!!!
    Family statements = True! And where would be be without them??? They are who they are...we can try to influence them, but in the end...the elders are the elders for a reason...Live with it!!!

    Love the pic...Is the bear running b/c Ethan is chasing it?!
    Where is the pic of E wrestling that thing!?!?

    TODAY = 100 Burpees in a row (all walkdown)...but stayed moving all the way through

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW ~ the time when I finished the 100 was 6:34!!! Both PR's time and in a Row!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my 100 in a row walk down time was 6:34, no kidding I showed Val the stopwatch. Brutal on my legs.

    ReplyDelete