It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day After Fran...

Day after Fran...Not a bad idea...

Warm-Up (not for massive reps) ~
10 Minutes of 30s each (4 rnds)
Squats...Push Ups...Jumping Jax...6-Cnt Toe Touches...Sprawls

WOD
3 Rnds For Time:
400m Run
20 KB Swings
20 KB SDLHP
20 Goblet Squat
* Use same KB for everything (55# / 35#)

Desi ~ 15:48
Britt ~ 17:27
Avalanche ~ 16:16
T-Lev ~ 16:05
Hans ~ 18:57
STAN ~ 13:39 (35#...Nope ~ 55# tb just ASSumed & you know what that means)
tb ~ 17:09

BTW
Gerz is our FIRST Sub 3:00 FRAN...
Strength & Fitness today... 2:58

To Bertagnolski... but is a good read for all of us:

REST (from CF7)

“If you’re eating appropriately and getting enough rest, you don’t need to train all day. All the work’s happening when you’re outside of the gym.”

You might say rest days are a necessary evil. You either love them or hate them, and more often than not, we all avoid them for fear of “missing out”. The end fact remains, we all have to learn to respect rest days because one or another, your body will find a way to rest.
I had to learn the hard way that injuries are your body’s way of forcing you to rest. I was hurt for a long time, and it wasn’t until I shut down all WODs and gave my body time to heal that I actually began my trek back into CrossFit. And the biggest lesson I learned was to listen to my body….when it’s time to rest, rest. I learned I can either rest voluntarily, or an injury will force me to rest, but one way or another, rest will come.

Last week, I was tired. I hadn’t slept well, and any WOD I did, I came in far beyond last place. I was going through the motions, and my body was screaming at me it was time to rest. For the past four months, I increased the amount of WODs I did per week, increasing the intensity and volume in prep for the Open. I made great gains in that time, and I took rest as needed. Last week, I realized, I was tired, really tired, and the time for rest had arrived.
On Tuesday, I went to the gym, though tired, ready to tackle 800m runs, walking lunges, and pushups. While I was warming up, my mind and body kept telling me to quit. And, I didn’t listen.



I convinced myself that once I started and got warmed up, it wouldn’t be so bad. I convinced myself my legs would work just fine. I convinced myself that though my feet have really been bothering me, 800m runs wouldn’t be so bad. I also convinced myself that the bar was a light weight, so walking lunges would be no big deal, and push-ups would be easy.
I have a feeling you know exactly where I was at because there have been times when you too convinced yourself the WOD would be just fine.


The entire WOD, I was slow. Slow as in, you could have used a sun dial to keep track of my WOD time. I didn’t necessarily want to quit, but my body wouldn’t catch up to what my mind was trying to convince it to do. It was time for rest.


The result….I took an entire week off. It wasn’t easy, especially when my all-time favorite movement popped up on Thursday. I wanted to overhead squat, but I had committed to rest. When I had almost convinced myself to lift, Kelly reminded me the OHS would come up again and was exactly what I needed to hear.


The time off was just what I needed. I didn’t realize just how tired I was until I stopped moving at such a fast pace. I took a nap every day and was still in bed by 8pm (be jealous :) ). I also felt better than I had in a long, long time.


My advice: take a rest day or week soon. Great gains are made away from the gym, as they are in WOD.

2 comments:

  1. HEY HEY HEY!!! I did 55# on the kettle today, don't sell me short just because I look goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15:38 Rx. Great workout. Really missing the competition aspect of Crossfit. Need someone to push me to the next level. Very jealous of the morning crew.

    ReplyDelete