It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Friday, July 20, 2012

A day in the life

Life is crazy.  Life is cool.  It's usually a swirling mass of dark matter rarely seen, but always felt.  Whether the feeling is good, bad, or indifferent - it exists.  There is no explanation of why we feel, or why we have emotion.  But we have to trust it, accept it, and move forward.

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.  Most people I have talked to also feel that way.  I don't care what you want to call it, but I will call it faith.  Faith in yourself, faith in others, and faith in the unknown.  Most times we can't control things.  They are beyond our reach.  Often I find myself struggling with changing situations that I can't control.  The knowledge to know the difference between what I can and cannot control is the hurdle we all must overcome.  It comes back to faith and trusting yourself.

Where are we going, where do we want to be, and what do we need to do to get there?  Herein lies faith, hard work, and determination.  A constant quest to find internal peace.  In the end, we will all find that place of glory.

To all a great weekend,

Britt

FRIDAY WOD
Baseline
5 Rnds ~ 200m Run, 5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Air Squats
Work Capacity (3 Rnds for Time)
8 Power Snatch (135# / 95#)
7 Muscle Ups
400m Run
Strength
3-3-3+ Bench Press (70%-80%-90% of 1 RM)
Stamina (Chipper, Untimed)
15 Bench Press (85% 1RM)
75 Floor Bench (35# / 20#)
400m OH Walking Lunges (45#/35#)


Val ~ 17:40 (7 C2B+14 Dips) / 105-3 / 200m OH Lungewalk
Syd ~ 13:18 (7 C2B+14 Dips) / 205-3 / no 400m chipper
tb ~ 18:40 / 255-4 / no 400m in chipper

1 comment:

  1. Internal Peace.
    Changes with the tides of life.
    I imagine that from one moment to the next our peace lies within the company we are standing with.
    I can not imagine better company than with those I see everyday and I love the fact that my family is so much more than what I thought it was from the experiences we have together... that includes you, britt... the am crew. the long-distancers. and 'home'.
    What makes our lives worth living.. isn't what I make plans for but for what plan I have at this moment. To live for this day, this hour, this minute... and from there our goals become what we make of them.
    V.

    ReplyDelete