It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adjusted

I felt the compulsion to write a little bit tonight. I'm in the middle of making dinner and I'm waiting to perform my next task...take out chicken, put in sweet potato fries... blah blah. Cooking is cool when you get to eat good food, but what a complete time suck. I need to cook for 6 hours on Sunday to get done with cooking all week. Some day...

Anyway, I like TB's prompt of what our thoughts are during the workouts... here are some of mine in no particular order:

-I have to beat Bert. Don't let him win. He's beating you, step it up...
-C'mon, five more reps.. cmon, three more.. (depending on the workout, it changes)
-two, two, and one... three, three, three....(its nice to break it down)
-33 percent there, half way, three quarters... (percents help too)
-C'mon you pussy pick it up, pick up the damn bar.
-I know I can go harder, let's go!
-If I puke, big deal.
-I hope I don't pass out when this bar is over my head
-I have to beat Bert.
-stand up on the box, c'mon don't cheat
-he's gonna hurt himself (eventually), too much weight.
-Get full range of motion, form over time. FORM OVER TIME!
-pull up harder, get up there
-push it, only ten reps... ONLY 10.

After my intimate encounter with the Earth, aka, my mild concussion/whiplash, I realized no matter how fit, or how good you feel, nothing protects you from accidents. No human is Superman, and everyone is susceptible to injury and bad health. I was talking to Val and Mr. Steve about how I've been so fortunate to have great health. Minimal sickness, and seemingly nothing extremely wrong for 24 years... This is today. Tomorrow, next week, next year.. who knows, we can't predict the future. Car crash, pancreas explodes, liver failure, brain aneurysm..no one knows. One minute we're ok, the next second our world flips.

I've always had the philosophy that we aren't getting out of this place alive. Call me doom-and-gloom or whatever, but it's true. The best days are to come, and so are the worst. It's part of passing though this world. We are here for all but a blink in time...just a grain of sand. No regrets, and give er hell. As Ozark Mountain Daredevils once said, "If you're going to get to Heaven, you've got to raise a little hell."

To me, every one of you are "some kind of wonderful"...that one coined by Grand Funk Railroad.

Be of this Earth, not above this Earth. Live for today, cuz tomorrow, I can't say. - Jimi Hendrix

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment