It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Thursday, February 2, 2012

Powering the Mind

Control.   To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over... in this instance, the mind.

The mind carries the hardest work we can exert on ourselves, learning to control where we want our mindset to be and what thoughts we would like it to have is a massive achievement.

Yoga, for example, seems to be more pleasant in a quieter environment, giving the individual time to find their balance and strength, that is not what is found always in the variety of areas we have done yoga....
This morning was a great example of this.  I honestly can't tell you another Thursday morning when the weight room was as loud as it was today!
All I could hear at one point was the comments of how great our Sirius Spa Station was at motivating her on the elliptical..... complete sarcasm... she wasn't a fan.
Obviously an avid elliptical rider since she had forgotten her ipod, magazines, and other trash reading material...
This is the environment we work in so we should be able to focus and transition from daily am wods to a yoga setting.  We should be able to quiet the mind no matter how loud the surroundings can be.
We should.
It should be easy.

It isn't.

This doesn't just apply to yoga.
It applies to every thing we do in our daily lives.  

Our workouts: how hard we decide to push ourselves, what our mind tells us vs what our bodies can do, getting over the conversation in our head and simply listening to the way we are able to move, push, pull, jump, and motivate our bodies.

Our jobs:  how much we want to achieve daily on our to-do lists, what we want to see done vs what others want us to have done, what is really enough vs what we think is enough

Our homes:  taking our emotions home with us from our daily job/life, not allowing our mind to leave one environment as we enter another, knowing that there is so much going on in our busy lives we forget to stop and enjoy the moments we have in a common place we share with our families.

Our weekends:  fly so fast because we are trying to catch up or get ahead... but what have we spent the rest of our time doing all week long that allows us to not be able to celebrate our weekends with friends and families without feeling that bogged down feeling of not having enough done... What is enough?

I am the first to tell you.... my mind and I disagree, I get lost or I lose things, I forget about things I have said, say, "What?" to the things you just said to me, or waste time on social media crap like.... this blog from time to time, my class blog, fb, other blogs, youtube, vimeo (I actually am getting a headache thinking about my time spent on these) ... I also proofread a lot with blogging, eventually I will get faster but until then.... I will continue to work on my mind and my proofreading and ..............................!

And, maybe, you will also realize whether the mind gets in the way at times or lacks some kind of direction... maybe.

Either way.  
It's Thursday... so relax and have some hot kool aid.  Maybe that will take your mind off some things....








1 comment: