It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Losing...

Winning teaches you so many things:
confidence. trust. unity. camaraderie. desire.
It brings the moral to a high point that can never be achieved until you get that win under your belt.
It tells you exactly what you are capable of doing.. or have been capable of doing all along.

Losing before winning is hard.. losing when you have known little but losing is even harder.
Losing after winning is sent as a reminder:
the mental toughness needed. why we go the extra mile. give the extra 10%. make the effort count. make your teammates know you want them to be better.
show your coaches you have what it takes to make it work.
It adds kindling to the fire.. and sometimes it is what needs to happen to catapult a team to the next level.

Losing when winning hasn't been the 'norm' is a whole different set of drills...
Is it that you are no longer coaching them on just how to play the game...
But coaching them on how to find what they need to win.
To find their inner competitor and the confidence to build their competitive ego.
Finding the will to win.... The desire.
Stepping away from the basic skill sets and seeing the bigger picture: Team. Companionship. Trust.
Making them find that security on the court.
Having them work for the continuity of plays vs themselves.

I can't handle losing, but not like this.
I can't take showing up to 'not' show up when it's our turn to compete.
Thinking that we put in the hours of work, preparation and then when it comes the time, we fail.
I fail.
That's what that tells me.
I am failing at some thing we are doing....
What do I have to improve, what do I need to make better?
Where do I step back to?  Why can't I see it?
WHY do I keep wanting to jack myself in the face with my already broken clipboard?!
How do you coach them on what they need to win....
I can coach them on every skill.....
but how do I coach them on winning.
What is winning:
more than just a feeling...
A belief?
When you believe in something: you don't just know it to be true?  you accept it as truth.
Losing is not acceptable.


THINK about this.
I am the kind of person who... name it.
This is a statement you are making.
This statement is keeping you from being the kind of person you could be.
Having the ability to demonstrate the kind of person we are is an action, it isn't a sentence we tell others of what we are unwilling to give up in order to be great. PCF

Sometimes it takes losing yourself to find the person you were destined to be.
I want to push them to what they are capable of doing.

*one last match.


1 comment:

  1. And the last game of that match spoke VOLUMES of where the team has come!!!

    If you develop a "cookie cut-out" of how to make a winning attitude in anyone...let me know. You could be rich!

    Keep at it...You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete