It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Monday, December 19, 2011

Practice This... and a bit more motivation

No more HOPPER...

Warm-Up = 75 Jumping Jax (so we can still win in Iraq)
2 Rounds of Burgener Warm-Up (FORM & TECHNIQUE)

SNATCH 1-1-1-1-1
15 Min Time Cap

AMRAP in 10 Minutes:
7 Dips
9 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups
15 Shoulder Touches (Handstand Wall Runs)

Britt ~ 155# (165 miss...but 3 great attempts) / 6 Rnds + 7 Dips
Feidt ~ 145# / 4 Rnds + 4 Dips
Bertag ~ 155# / 5 Rnds
Hansen ~ 175# / 6 Rnds
T-Lev ~ 145# / 5 Rnds + 2 Dips
Ty H ~ Snatch Tech / 5 Rnds + 2 Pull Ups
Biba ~ 135# / 5 Rnds + 2 Pull Ups
Bender ~ 175# / 4 Rnds
tb ~ 165# / 5 Rnds + 2 Dips

STAN ~ NA / 5 Rnds + 4 Pull Ups (green band)

Tougher than this WOD seemed...Maybe it was no music, maybe it was being inverted on the wall...but that 10 minutes took forever!f

A Reflection by Desi:

What inspires me?
Other people. I think this is number one for me.
When Im alone I actually feel very unmotivated and uninspired.
That dose of being active with another or someone telling me how their workout went or coming to Rapids for a wod keeps me going. 
Friends. I get inspired by people who are inspired by me. And the cycle then goes on and on.
Family, Mom, she rocks! She is turning 50 in march and her goal is to run in as many races as she can. Deanna, also rocks it! She just borrowed my beginner yoga DVD. Love it :)
Teammates, whether it be a workout buddy, a team for an event, a running partner, . 
People depending on each other for support, motivation, a kick in the ass. 
Being healthy and feeling alive and good. 
Fresh air. 
The earth and outdoors, trails, just being outside, some of the things I get to see when its just me (or me and Harley) out on the trail (a sunset, a deer, the beauty of the way the trees come together over the trail, a creek, Harley sprinting and jumping through the marsh like a crazy dog because he is so excited to be out there. Just the fact that Im able to stop and appreciate these little things inspires me. 
My dog (Harley), he keeps me going on those runs, he could run for days. When people say "hey I saw you running with your dog the other day" and then they say "yeah I figured I should walk my dog too then."
Being free to chose how I want to spend my time.
Do I want to sit on my ass watching TV eating a bag of Doritos? NO!
Knowing that I can always be better and improve.
Being an athlete.
One of my favorite memories is the Tough Mudder.
I can't say that there is one specific moment, but just the whole event and that people we did it with. When everyone would wait for the whole team to catch up. Working together to get over those walls. Cheering each other on. The GIANT slip and slide (my favorite). 
Oh and one more thing that keeps me goin is the blogs, both ANYthing once and Inseason. Ive tried a handful of the recipes and have gotten great ideas from the blog. And ANYthing once of course is fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment