It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sam I AmRAP...

10 Inchworms (WTF)
4 Revolutions of 2 DL / 2 HPC / 2 Lunges / 2 Push Press
45# then 75#

AMRAP in 20 Min:
2 Stair Laps (200m)
10 Swings (70# / 55#)
10 Split Jerk (95# / 65#)

Britt ~ 6 Rnds + 2 Laps
Val ~ 5 Rnds + 1 Lap
Simon ~ 4-5 Rnds (Split Jerk trouble)
Hans ~ 7 Rnds + 50m
Dillon ~ 6 Rnds + 1 Lap
T-Lev ~ 6 Rnds
Fiegel ~ 5 Rnds + 2 Laps
tb ~ 7 Rnds

Thoughts for the Season (Stolen Post from Practice Crossfit):

As CrossFitters we lay claim to a lot. We claim to have the workouts that demonstrate the fittest on earth. We claim to have the fittest humans in our ranks proving themselves by those workouts. Personally, I believe these claims justified. We also claim to be community builders and life changers. This claim is only proven when we build our own community by stepping out and building communities outside our walls.
This year we are doing just that with “Get into giving” . Not only will less than fortunate families get to come to PCF and WOD with their kids, but they will leave with gifts they need. Gifts they cannot afford on their own. Gifts we need your help getting. Read Cindy’s Thanksgiving account below, then give us a hand this Christmas.
We have all had it happen…you walk into a place that you have never been but you have to pause…because something is telling you that you have been there. You close your eyes and it feels just like yesterday, that you already walked these steps…yet you haven’t. My Grandma Louise would tell you, “Oh you are just having a senior moment Dear”…and as much I love my Grandma, at 34 would prefer to just say déjà vu.
Its like when we see a new CFer at their first class. They are giddy, nervous, and scared all in one moment and if we take a second we all can close our eyes and remember that first time feeling all over again. And I can guarantee you that it doesn’t take much to remember how you felt the day after your first WOD. There isn’t a word in Webster’s Dictionary yet to describe how we all felt that day after our first WOD.
Then just last week it had to me again…I had déjà vu. It was a beautiful fall morning and I was standing on a porch that I had never been before in my life. I was about to deliver a Thanksgiving meal to someone that had no idea I was even coming. But I had a moment before I knocked on the door of déjà vu…it set me back for a second. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks…I had been here before…but it was 25 years ago and I was the little girl waiting on the other side of the door, unknowing that me and my sisters were about to be given the gift of feeling normal for just one day. The gift of Thanksgiving dinner donated to my family from our church.
I can remember as if it were yesterday being 9 and thinking “how cool it is like Christmas with food!” I praise my Mother for having 3 girls and never letting know how bad things really were. I have great memories of growing up…lots of laughter and just thinking that all kids have to heat their bath water on the stove because there wasn’t hot water in the house. My home had love and when it comes down to it that is the one ingredient that life cannot do without.
But there I was 34, married…with 4 children of my own and standing on the porch of someone that just needed a little gift of hope.
This is what life is about. Life is about making sure that you do everything you can for those that might not be able to in that moment. The love that I have for my children is no better than the love that a single mom trying her best to do right by her children has for her children. We all want the same thing for our children’s lives…to be filled with lots of laughter and lots of love.
I told my husband earlier that morning, “I have to put my big girl pants on and not cry when I give the families their food.” To which he said, “Will never happen…you aren’t built that way but that’s what makes you awesome.” For the record, I did not cry when I was with the families…I was a big girl. Until I got in my van and cried all the way home. You see sometimes déjà vu smacks right into overwhelming thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment