It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Thursday, December 15, 2011

YOGA on the HOPper

YOGA by Val...


Another good day!!!
Britt is easily doing headstands...
Simon is getting more flexible...


Nice little video on Yoga...


Where are all these Yoga Girls????


When I look up all I see is Britt!!!


Maybe Wed. Night Yoga for Feidt & I if we want to see our Yoga Girls!


Britt's Reflections:
I pull a great deal of my inspiration from the same place everyone else is... and that is from the community of Rapids WODers. It isn't easy to do the workouts everyday, and it is not easy to wake up early every morning. But, when you find joy in the activity, you don't need a while lot of convincing to get your rear end out of bed and be excited about what will be on the WOD board. As stated before, the inspiration comes from everyone else. We all have individual personalities that we bring to the table, and without them, it's like those stupid puzzles my grandma would get from rummage sales that are missing pieces. Sure you can finish the puzzle, but the stupid thing just isn't complete. What if El Tigger wasn't there?

Some of my fondest memories are ones that everyone remembers. Several times a year I hear the story about my first Fight Gone Bad when the wall ball slipped out of my hands and crushed me in the face. My glasses got all bent up and I was bleeding the rest of the WOD. I'll never forget the Ezra Jude Tri, where we had to do burpees in MF's front yard. I'll never forget tb and el tigger bantering back and forth. Every morning I wake up and am grateful I have these people in my life.

Aside from WODs, I find motivation from people that can make it happen. Hard work. Period. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. Some people are talented athletes, musicians, salesmen,
whatever... However, I sometimes wonder whether the natural prodigies appreciate their talent as much as a person that has had to work for it.

And I'll never give up on trying to shape the lives of students for the better. I feel confident in saying that almost every kid who is a regular WODer, proves to be great person. They get the sense of community and their role as part of society, whether they understand it or not...
It is truly what keeps me coming back for more. Britt

2 comments:

  1. Ezra's Tri was brutal!! -v nothing like MF coming home with his little camera to get a few of those burpees on film... wasn't it 100 total in that bike ride?! i think i wanted to block that tri mash-up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct... EJ was 100 total burpees during a 7 mile bike ride (50 Burpees must be in MF's front yard)... And he did come home with his little camera!!!

    ReplyDelete