It is so important to constantly challenge ourselves physically. We are people wanting to influence each other and others we meet along the way.
This is where we can get workouts for the day, track your times, pr's, ask and reply to questions and comments.

This is also where we will share what events we are participating in and opening them up to the rest of the team to take part in.


Sunday, January 8, 2012

A reflection... A great Sunday.

Inspri RUN tion by Sonja Schmit

Right Foot….Left Foot….Right Foot….Left…The sound of my heartbeats in my ears. Dogs barking ~ Leaves rustling ~ The World Awakes. As I round the corner steam rolls off the road. Whether the sun is soaking into my skin or the rain water is beading off my body..
 I FEEL FREE ~ I FEEL STRONG ~ I FEEL THE POWER WITHIN ME.

People often ask, “Why do you run?” “Why on earth do you wake up the early?” “Why in the cold/ice?” The list of WHY’S continues. Only I can understand & feel the true passion running brings me.
When I was asked to write what inspires me & what motivates me, I was THRILLED but at the same time DISTRAUGHT. (Thanks Val) 
I have never put into words the pleasure I feel from running.
So here goes:

I try to live a healthy, conscience, and purposeful life. My main reason or motivation is to EMBRACE life. I am a daughter, sister, mother, wife, grand-daughter, aunt,  friend, and business owner. I wear many hats in life and I STRIVE to be the best I can be. Without my health I couldn’t be able to do what I do. I found that pounding out any stress, anger, joys, excitement, and disappointment feels 100 times better on the pavement. I don’t even think. I grab my shoes and go.

Right Foot….Left...By mile one my mind has cleared from whatever it was clinging to. By mile two I feel I have worked through all my mental notes and upcoming “to-do” lists. Then somewhere between mile two and five my aches have dissipated and my creativity comes alive. Most of my best ideas have been born on one of my runs.

I can’t tell you how many hours or how many miles overall but I can tell you about my personal gains.
My first run I couldn’t believe I made it! (I look back now and it was only ¾ of a mile) so I did it again. My first 5k (Thank You to my sister Jenny) that even though I fizzled out at mile 2, I still finished. From then on I went to beating my PR at every race to follow. I am sure all runners can relate to the “Fist Pumps” or “Happy Dance” on some random road congratulating ourselves for achieving our goal. People or spectators may think were crazy, but a runner knows the feeling of AWSOMENESS! 
I think of the tears shed on the road from runs raising money/awareness & supporting things that we are passionate about.  
For me it was my run for Prostate Cancer this past fall. (My dad was diagnosed in April of 2011) 
I think about how much I enjoyed running a race and crossing the finish line with MUD head to toe with my husband, who is my best friend.  
I think of the numerous playlists created and the little dance moves I worked into my stride. (After 12 miles steady a girl gets bored.)

Running isn’t something given to you (well maybe for some) but it is something you earn and persevere for. Most of all I feel good maybe even “GREAT!” When my run is finished I feel happier, more energetic, positive, and most of all I feel “FREE.” 
Free from all the “stuff” I carry on my shoulders.

This isn’t the end of my story ~ It’s just the beginning for me….I just read a note on a friend of mines mirror (and mother-in law Mary) 

It says: 
“20 years from now you will not regret what you did, but you will regret what you didn’t do.”

Runners who inspire me: Bart Yasso and Grete Waitz

Peace…Love…Run

Sonja is a great person.  She inspires and motivates so many.. 
Including the 3 most important people to her: her three daughters.  Those three girls have a wonderful MOM to look up to and admire.
So many move in and out of our lives but I am truly grateful for those who have stayed in mine, Sonja is one of those people.

Great reflection!  Even if we aren't runners, we can definitely apply your enthusiasm and passion to our own adventures!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment